Search This Blog

Monday, December 28, 2015

2015 Best Photos: 10-6

It's safe to say I don't keep up with my blog anymore. But it's for good reason. In 2015, I took more photos than any other single year of my career. So that means I spent more time shooting and less time writing. However, there is another reason I've neglected the blog. Instagram.

My original aspirations for my blog was to provide some photography tips and educational material for photographers and art lovers alike. However, I've discovered I could to the same thing via Instagram and be more consistent with it. Instagram also afforded me a more efficient and easy way to communicate my photography tips, images, and insights. 

With that said, I still enjoy the tradition of looking back and counting down my favorite photographic moments/images of the year. Here's my Top 10 of 2015. 


#10
The Iceberg-
In September, I was able to finally photograph the beautiful icebergs in the sun at Jökulsárlón Beach on the shores of Southern Iceland. I've been to this area a few times but have never had the sun above. It is a sight I've always wanted to see and boy was it magnificent on that beautiful morning. 




 -------------------------------------

#9
Crystal Cave-Iceland

I spent a good amount of time in Iceland this year, so it's pretty tough for this countdown to not consist mostly of Iceland images. After-all, this is a list of my "favorite" photography moments and not necessarily my best images. This is a photo my brother took of me while exploring an ice cave within Vatnajökull, also known as the Vatna Glacier. It is the largest and most voluminous ice cap in Iceland. This special moment is one of the highlights of my trip around Ring Road of Iceland with my brother.


---------------------------------------

#8
A Kiss in the Sun

Last year I didn't include a wedding photo in my Top 10, but this year I have to include this image. It was one of many of my wedding images featured by Huffington Post Weddings this year. The starburst and kiss just made the image happen. I shoot starbursts with a Canon 16-35mm 2.8ii L lens, the best in the business for the starburst. I'm including this session at my #8 Spot simply because just a week prior to taking this image I was married at this very spot. So it was cool to capture some of my best work just days after I got married there. :-)


---------------------------------------------
#7
Sycamore Cove Sunsets

In the years past, I've spent a lot of time at specific beaches in Malibu. This year, Sycamore Cove Beach in Northern Malibu took that honor. I spent a lot of time shooting there this year. An for good reason, it has a lot of great sunset angles throughout the year to make it one of the lesser know gems of Malibu. Here are just a couple moments from this beautiful beach that deserve the #7 spot on my list. 






-----------------------------------------

#6
The Milky Way-
I've spent lots of time photographing the Milky Way over various parts of California but one photo I took this year is one that I always envisioned capturing. I just needed the perfect location. In May, I found that location and here was the result. This is a 10 image panoramic of the amazing scene that night. I placed a flashlight behind the lone Joshua Tree to highlight it.




No comments:

Post a Comment