Search This Blog

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Golden Hour...an Evening Shoot

This evening I took some time aside from actually writing part 2 of my previous post to go outside and do what I love.   There is a tree at the end of Kanan just before you get to the I-101. I pass this tree every day on my drive to my office, yet have never actually gone there to take photos.

So this evening I photographed Dori there. It's nearly a perfect spot for my favorite type of light. The golden hour light that occurs during the last hour prior to sunset.

"The Golden Hour," as it's known, is the best time to take portraits. It's a warm tone of light, that when metered right and balanced, can lead to amazing portrait results, especially in Malibu. For some reason the light here is surreal in the evenings.

My advice for anyone planning to do a photo session outside is to always have the "golden hour" at the top of the list for when to plan a portrait session.

Here's some results using the tree and the golden hour....-cg







No comments:

Post a Comment