Search This Blog

Monday, August 4, 2014

Pink skies over Leo Carrillo Beach...

This evening it drizzled in Malibu a bit. That meant there were thick wet clouds in the sky. And that means color! Lots of color at sunset. And boy was I right. This evenings sunset was quite amazing. I took the 5D Mark iii and the 6D to Leo Carrillo Beach and grabbed a few panos of the scene and some timelapse footage.

Unfortunately, I only had one tripod (I left my tripod at my buddies house last week after a weekend up in the mountains). So I had to do the panos handheld since the tripod I had was being used on my timelapse camera.

I was quite surprised what came out handheld. It's a good reminder that my camera does not always have to live on a tripod. Hope you got to see the colors of a Malibu sunset if you were in the area! Here's a couple shots....-cg

Downsized version of the original 60 megapixel Pano (handheld).

14 Image Pano, handheld, approx 100 megapixels in full resolution.

20mm Canon 2.8 and Canon 5D Mark iii (none pano)





No comments:

Post a Comment